Lenovo has launched the latest budget devices under the Motorola branding today. And the Moto G6 and G6 Play price in India is lower than the global pricing, which is a nice thing.
Yes, the Moto G6 Plus has not been launched in India., although it may arrive in the future.
The Moto G6 flaunts a 5.7-inch display in the 18:9 aspect ratio with a Full HD+ screen resolution. The device runs on stock Android 8.0 Oreo, and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 processor clocked at 1.8GHz. The device has 3GB/4GB of RAM, with an Adreno 506 GPU handling the graphics, and 32GB of on-board storage.
The device supports dual Nano SIM cards and a microSD card for up to 128GB of expandable memory. The Moto G6 boasts dual rear cameras consisting of a 12-megapixel sensor with an f/1.8 aperture and a 76° lens, a Dual LED flash, and a secondary 5-megapixel sensor with an f/2.2 aperture and a 79° lens. The selfie lens is an 8 megapixels camera which has a front facing flash. The Moto G6 supports Face Unlock and has a fingerprint scanner.
The phone supports 4G LTE with VoLTE, Wi-F, 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz, NFC, Bluetooth technology 4.2 EDR & BLE, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BEIDOU. The Moto G6 has a 3.5mm headphone jack, and is backed by a 3000 mAh battery which supports Turbo Charge. The phone has a P2i water repellent nano-coating.
Moto G6 Play
The Moto G6 Play features a 5.7-inch HD+ display, also in the 18:9 form factor and a polymer glass back panel. The device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 427 chipset assisted by an Adreno 308 GPU, and 2GB/3GB of RAM.
The Moto G6 Play sports a 13 megapixel camera with an LED flash, and a 5 megapixel selfie lens. The phone packs in a 4,000mAh battery which charges over micro-USB.The Moto G6 Play has a fingerprint scanner, but does not support Face Unlock.
Moto G6 and G6 Play price in India:
The Moto G6 price is Rs. 13,999, while the Moto G6 Play has been priced at Rs. 11,999.
The Moto G6 will be sold exclusively on Amazon India, while the Moto G6 Play will be sold via Flipkart. The Moto G6 will be available in Indigo Black, and the Moto G6 Play comes in Indigo Black and Fine Gold colours. The phones will be sold through MotoHub stores too.
Moto G6 and G6 Play launch offers
- HDFC Debit Card and Credit card users can get Rs. 1,250 Instant Discount on the Moto G6 at Amazon India.
- No-cost EMI is available for Bajaj Finserv EMI Card users on Amazon, MotoHub and Flipkart.
- Airtel Monthly Postpaid plans on Rs.499 or above can get 1 year Amazon Prime Membership with the Moto G6
- Airtel Prepaid users can get Rs. 2000 Cashback.
- You can get an extra Rs. 1,000 off on the Moto G6 by exchanging your existing Moto phone, on Amazon India
- Flipkart is offering a guaranteed buyback value of up to Rs. 5,100 for the Moto G6 Play.
- ICICI Bank Credit and Debit Card users can get Rs.1000 off for the Moto G6 Play.
- You can exchange an old phone for an extra Rs.1500 off over the regular exchange value, on Flipkart.
- You can get a promo code worth Rs. 1,200 on PayTm, when you purchase the Moto G6 Play at a MotoHub store.
These offers are only valid until June 6th. Please check the terms and conditions before buying the device.
With the likes of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M1 already dominating the Rs. 10,000 budget phone market, it will be difficult for Lenovo to capitalize, with the Moto G6 and G6 Play price in India being considerably higher for the specs that the devices offer.